A golf fanatic trapped in a programming career (which I quite enjoy, mind you).
- Twitter: @jasondown
- Blog: http://www.jason-down.com
- Google+ Account: Jason Down
- LinkedIn: Jason Down
I'm a moderator on ebooks.stackexchange.com. Come check it out!
For my employer I mainly do platform develop in C#.
Outside of work I'm very interested in Elixir and F#. Lately I have dabbled with Phoenix, Elm and (not as recently) Clojure.
Really I'm very interested in functional programming in general. Haskell is on the bucket list.
Check out the top 100 users in a given tag (helpful for learning interesting things about tags you are interested in).
Interesting books I'd recommend:
- Soft Skills (Life manual for software developers... Highly recommended!)
- Dependency Injection in .Net (I'd say this is required reading for any .Net (or even Object Oriented) programmer).
- The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
- The Annotated Turing - A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and the Turing Machine
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks
- Stack Overflow 17.2k 17.2k 99 gold badges7676 silver badges109109 bronze badges
- Ebooks♦ 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Super User 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 702 702 77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Emacs 251 251 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 116 What is the maximum allowed rows in a Microsoft Excel .xls or .xlsx
- 97 How can I insert a real tab character in Vim?
- 84 SQLite equivalent to ISNULL(), NVL(), IFNULL() or COALESCE()
- 67 How do you prevent a windows from being moved?
- 40 Why should I make the underlying type of an Enum Int32 instead of byte?
- 34 Is there a way to display a macro list similar to displaying your mappings in Vim?
- 33 Why can't I use the as keyword for a struct?
- View more network posts →