A golf fanatic trapped in a programming career (which I quite enjoy, mind you).
- Twitter: @jasondown
- Blog: http://www.jason-down.com
- Google+ Account: Jason Down
- LinkedIn: Jason Down
I'm a moderator on ebooks.stackexchange.com. Come check it out!
For my employer I mainly do platform develop in C#.
Outside of work I'm very interested in Elixir and F#. Lately I have dabbled with Phoenix, Elm and (not as recently) Clojure.
Really I'm very interested in functional programming in general. Haskell is on the bucket list.
Check out the top 100 users in a given tag (helpful for learning interesting things about tags you are interested in).
Interesting books I'd recommend:
- Soft Skills (Life manual for software developers... Highly recommended!)
- Dependency Injection in .Net (I'd say this is required reading for any .Net (or even Object Oriented) programmer).
- The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
- The Annotated Turing - A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and the Turing Machine
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks
- Stack Overflow 20.7k 20.7k 1111 gold badges8080 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Ebooks♦ 3.1k 3.1k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Super User 1.7k 1.7k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 722 722 77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Server Fault 293 293 11 gold badge66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 149 How can I insert a real tab character in Vim?
- 122 What is the maximum allowed rows in a Microsoft Excel .xls or .xlsx
- 96 SQLite equivalent to ISNULL(), NVL(), IFNULL() or COALESCE()
- 73 How do you prevent a windows from being moved?
- 42 Is there a way to display a macro list similar to displaying your mappings in Vim?
- 40 Why should I make the underlying type of an Enum Int32 instead of byte?
- 34 Why can't I use the as keyword for a struct?
- View more network posts →