A golf fanatic trapped in a programming career (which I quite enjoy, mind you).
- Twitter: @jasondown
- Blog: ...I digress - My thoughts and experiences with functional programming
- LinkedIn: Jason Down
- GitHub: Jason Down
I'm a moderator on ebooks.stackexchange.com. Come check it out!
For my employer I get to develop with F# woo!
Outside of work I'm also very interested in F# (and Elixir, but it's been a while). Really I'm very interested in functional programming in general. Haskell is on the bucket list.
Check out the top 100 users in a given tag (helpful for learning interesting things about tags you are interested in).
Interesting books I'd recommend:
- Domain Modeling Made Functional (Life manual for software developers... Highly recommended!)
- Dependency Injection in .Net (I'd say this is required reading for any .Net (or even Object Oriented) programmer). Second edition found here (slight name change).
- Functional Programming in C#. Second edition found here.
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
- The Annotated Turing - A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and the Turing Machine
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks
- Stack Overflow 21k 21k 1111 gold badges8282 silver badges116116 bronze badges
- Ebooks♦ 3.1k 3.1k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Super User 1.7k 1.7k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 722 722 77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Server Fault 303 303 11 gold badge66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 165 How can I insert a real tab character in Vim?
- 122 What is the maximum allowed rows in a Microsoft Excel .xls or .xlsx
- 97 SQLite equivalent to ISNULL(), NVL(), IFNULL() or COALESCE()
- 73 How do you prevent a windows from being moved?
- 44 Is there a way to display a macro list similar to displaying your mappings in Vim?
- 40 Why should I make the underlying type of an Enum Int32 instead of byte?
- 34 Why can't I use the as keyword for a struct?
- View more network posts →